Thursday, May 16, 2013

Katie Kahn Before Richmond Trip

"The Bonner Enrichment program was created to provide TCNJ Bonner students with a series of service trips to increase knowledge of democracy and citizenship." Honestly, I'm no history buff.  My roommate is, but I am clueless when it comes to most things related to history.

Freshman year, I found the trip to Philadelphia to be enriching and enlightening.  I had never been there before, and to look at the birth of democracy and connect those deep roots with the service I do was a valuable experience. Also, being able to see the obstacles that oppressed groups have overcome throughout our nation's history was moving.  Although there is still a lot of work to be done for social justice, it is always inspiring to remember how far we have come.

I hope to learn more about the slave trade, the Civil War, and African American history through our service trip to Richmond.  I hope the service we do there will give me a new perspective on the service we do in Trenton. Finally, I hope that my sophomore class can continue to bond and become stronger as a group, because I do believe our strength as a unit affects our strength in our service.

No comments:

Post a Comment